Wednesday, November 9, 2011

4 weeks old!

 Lana's first Halloween!






  • You are (for the most part) a really happy baby.  As my good friend and your Aunt Lori says, you already have a personality!  You grin and giggle, even when you are awake.  
  • Your facial expressions are so exaggerated and endearing.  You raise  and furrow your eyebrows, pucker your lips, and stretch your neck constantly.  These dramatic expressions remind me of my Mamaw, and I love that  :)
  • You are becoming more and more alert.  Two weeks ago, you would stare at mommy, but your gaze didn't follow movement.  Now, you are beginning to follow me with your eyes.  
  • You touch your face and use your hands alot.  You smash your cheeks and block the bottle when you are full.  Yesterday, you even put your binky back in your mouth all by yourself.  (I think this was more of a fluke, but it happened and I have a witness!)
  • To my delight, you haven't seemed to lose any of your beautiful hair.  
  • Your fussy time is in the evening, from about 7 - 10 p.m.  You just seem to want to fight sleep during this time...but you aren't too bad  :)
  • You get more and more beautiful everyday.  You have your daddy's big beautiful blue eyes.  It remains to be seen whether you also inherited his killer dimples.  I have my fingers crossed!!
  • You continue to amaze me everyday, and have already made my life ten times better than before you were here.  I am so excited to watch you grow...just not too fast, ok?  Love you so much Lana bear  :)


As a side note, this weekend, I packed up Lana's newborn onesies.  She had already outgrown them!  I cried, just a little, lol.  Luckily, I was able to pass them on to my dear cousin Elizabeth who is expecting her first little girl in January.  Knowing they were staying in the family made me feel a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment